Let’s talk a bit about friends. There are all kinds of friends; casual, situational, childhood, fair-weather. There are also those rare kindred spirits you feel as if you’d known forever, even if the calendar says otherwise.
How are these bonds forged? How do you quantify the unquantifiable? Is it the fact that they are always game for that ridiculously early yoga class? Is it because they make a killer latte or that they aren’t stingy with the name of the hairdresser that makes them look so fabulous? Perhaps it’s because they willingly helped you both pack and unpack this summer? Maybe it’s because their name appears on the donor list of every single fundraising mission you have embarked on? Or is it because they are both a wine lover and a fearless co-chef? Passionate reader, loving mother, wisdom dispenser, career advisor….You all know who you are :)
It might also be the fact that they share every good recipe they come across. My most recent favourite is this amazing baked chicken recipe that I am about to share with you, as everybody could use a good friend, right?
Baked Parmesan Chicken
Original origins unknown – shared with me off a well-used piece of scrap paper
- 2 lb chicken thighs/drumsticks, skin on
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne/chipotle/paprika – favour your preferred flavour profile
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley/oregano/thyme (see above)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Combine dry ingredients in a shallow dish (a pie plates works wonders here).
3) Combine wet ingredients in a separate shallow dish.
4) Immerse your chicken pieces, one by one, in the wet ingredient dish. Then drag through the dry ingredient dish – feel free to toss it around a bit to ensure that each piece is nicely coated.
5) Place all breaded chicken into an oven proof casserole and bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes.